"Spontaneous creation is the reason there is something rather than nothing, why the universe exists, why we exist." -Stephen Hawking
Obviously, I believe in God, therefore I believe in some sort of Creator/Creation theory... The above quote just confuses me- all of the intricacies of life are an accident? Some freak happenstance with physical matter? We just showed up here one day? I dunno about you, but that makes me really really sad. If our lives mean nothing and we're here by accident, why put up with it? Why strive to achieve anything? For fifteen seconds of fame? To live frivolously then lose it all when we die? I have to admit that if I didn't believe that God is my creator and that he created me cuz he loves me and has a purpose for me, I'm not sure if I'd get out of bed each morning.
Obviously, I believe in God, therefore I believe in some sort of Creator/Creation theory... The above quote just confuses me- all of the intricacies of life are an accident? Some freak happenstance with physical matter? We just showed up here one day? I dunno about you, but that makes me really really sad. If our lives mean nothing and we're here by accident, why put up with it? Why strive to achieve anything? For fifteen seconds of fame? To live frivolously then lose it all when we die? I have to admit that if I didn't believe that God is my creator and that he created me cuz he loves me and has a purpose for me, I'm not sure if I'd get out of bed each morning.
Comments