While I was making the decision to come to Bible College
, I did my best to really seek God's will and the advice of others whom I really trust. I've started to notice that when it comes time for me to make "big" decisions I tend not to gather lots of information. At least not information on a practical level. Before moving to Korea I did no research into the country, culture or cuisine of Korea and I'm realising that I've done the same in moving to England. For many, making the move to England would be easier than moving to South Korea, but I've found it a bit more difficult than I expected.
I am not sure if I'm finding it difficult because of the place I am living or the thing I am doing. If anything, England reminds me of Australia and New Zealand, two countries I've spent time in; but going to Bible College is unlike anything I've ever experienced. I'm wondering if anything would have really prepared me for this or not.
The journey that eventually got me here has been incredible. It's amazing to be able to look back upon the past year and see how this has all worked out. What's been even more incredible is meeting a group of strangers upon arriving in England and having them know about part of my journey and how my journey has affected them. I arrived at Bible College two and a half months after it started. So I got thrown into a group of 26 students who had spent a lot of time together and who had formed strong bonds with each other. However, so many people talked about how by me not being here made the year feel incomplete. One of my housemates said that having my empty bedroom made the house feel unsettled and not complete. A fellow classmate got up in front of the group and shared how now that I'm here, our community is finally complete and how that makes such a difference. In talking with individuals, people spoke about how my perseverance really encouraged them and how much they trusted that God has me here this particular year for a specific reason, which in turn encouraged me.

I would be lying if I was to say that the past three weeks have been a walk in the park. The transition into life here has been hard, but I've been able to keep a rather positive perspective by knowing that this is where God has called me to be for this season of my life. Sometimes that knowledge is one of the few things that gets me through the day. Each day gets better, though and each day I feel more and more comfortable with my life that is forming in England.
We only have about a week and a half left of lectures and then it will be Christmas break. I am excited for Christmas break just for the sheer fact that I will be able to breathe a bit more easily and have time to properly rest. Transitioning back to the student life has even been a bit difficult. I'm not as young as I was when I was in Uni. :)
With all of this said, I am content. I know I'm where I'm supposed to be. Each new day brings about new challenges and new pieces of knowledge that God is instilling on my heart. My time in England is going to be a time of challenges and growth. God is going to ask me to do things I've never done before and to think about Him in new ways. I am excited at this opportunity and I'm eager to see where He leads.
I am not sure if I'm finding it difficult because of the place I am living or the thing I am doing. If anything, England reminds me of Australia and New Zealand, two countries I've spent time in; but going to Bible College is unlike anything I've ever experienced. I'm wondering if anything would have really prepared me for this or not.
The journey that eventually got me here has been incredible. It's amazing to be able to look back upon the past year and see how this has all worked out. What's been even more incredible is meeting a group of strangers upon arriving in England and having them know about part of my journey and how my journey has affected them. I arrived at Bible College two and a half months after it started. So I got thrown into a group of 26 students who had spent a lot of time together and who had formed strong bonds with each other. However, so many people talked about how by me not being here made the year feel incomplete. One of my housemates said that having my empty bedroom made the house feel unsettled and not complete. A fellow classmate got up in front of the group and shared how now that I'm here, our community is finally complete and how that makes such a difference. In talking with individuals, people spoke about how my perseverance really encouraged them and how much they trusted that God has me here this particular year for a specific reason, which in turn encouraged me.
I would be lying if I was to say that the past three weeks have been a walk in the park. The transition into life here has been hard, but I've been able to keep a rather positive perspective by knowing that this is where God has called me to be for this season of my life. Sometimes that knowledge is one of the few things that gets me through the day. Each day gets better, though and each day I feel more and more comfortable with my life that is forming in England.
We only have about a week and a half left of lectures and then it will be Christmas break. I am excited for Christmas break just for the sheer fact that I will be able to breathe a bit more easily and have time to properly rest. Transitioning back to the student life has even been a bit difficult. I'm not as young as I was when I was in Uni. :)
With all of this said, I am content. I know I'm where I'm supposed to be. Each new day brings about new challenges and new pieces of knowledge that God is instilling on my heart. My time in England is going to be a time of challenges and growth. God is going to ask me to do things I've never done before and to think about Him in new ways. I am excited at this opportunity and I'm eager to see where He leads.
Comments
I LOVE YOU SO MUCH! PRAISE GOD YOU'RE FINALLY THERE!