Skip to main content

autobiographies...

My name is Alice Lee. I am a first grader in elementary school. I am an ordinary eight year old girl.

I was born in Seoul, Korea. However, I live in Suji now. I live with my parents. I'm the only child in my house. My dad is a very busy man, but he likes to take me to many places on the weekends. I spend most of my time with my mom at home. She's always nice to me.

I love to write both in English and Korean. I want to write many books for kids when I grow up. My books will translate into many different languages, so that kids from other countries can read them. I will become a world famous writer.

Now, you know about me and my future goal. Why don't you tell me about yourself?

~~~~~~~~~~

I stand in front of a mirror. I see a girl smiling. It is me! My name is Jessica Kim. I was born in Seoul, Korea on September 5, 2000. I have lived in Suji since I was three years old.

I am the only child in my house. I used to want to have a brother or a sister to play with. However, I am satisfied with having only my mom and dad. My dad likes to sleep late on weekends, but he likes to play with me more. My mom is my best friend. I can share my secrets with her. She's always on my side.

I like to draw. I draw my family, my friends and the ones I love. I like to draw what I see. Someday, when I grow up, I want to be a famous artist.

As I grow up, I will learn more and experience more. I will become taller. My eyes will be wider. Although my appearance changes, I will still be the same Jessica as I am now.

Comments

Katie said…
Wow! I'm impressed with both their creativity and their use of English. Good job, Stefanie Teacher.

Popular posts from this blog

texts.

some of my fave texts that i have received while living in england: "there's a program on irish tv tonight called 'death or canada'. i wish i had the energy to stay up and watch it. i may have some tshirts made." "Worse." "Than." "Hitler." "That's bad news bears, my friend. I hope your magic shirts are keeping you warm." "Because we're celebrating Christmas time, leave your shoes out at half past nine. Leave them out until half past ten. Santa should have been by then. (i know what you're thinking, 'why is sarah in bible college when she is so gifted in the literary technique of rhyming?)" "You make me feel. You make me feel. You make me feel like a natural woman." "Should be fun on a bun!" "And stay off the circle line. It is an instrument of the devil." "I'd love a bottle of fruit loops right about now." "I've never seen a movie that...

We're all moved in!

Expectancy

We have the following Bible verses written on a chalkboard above our kitchen sink: Because of God's tender mercy, the morning light from heaven is about to break upon us, to give light to those who sit in darkness & in the shadow of death, & to guide us to the path of peace. Luke 1:78-78 NLT I chose to write out these verses for a few reasons. First of all, I like the picture it illustrates of God's mercy & how ultimately his mercy & light lead us to peace. Second, these verses speak of hope to me. They say that even in darkness & death there is hope! And last, it reminds me to live every day with expectancy. It says that heaven "is about" to break upon us; it's almost foreshadowing God's faithfulness. I've been thinking about this third point a lot lately. Expectancy. What does it mean? What does it look like? I think I've referenced it before, but I'm reading a book that's written specifically for people in a time of ...