Like any new season, they tend to come with new challenges and different ways of doing things. My life in North Judson looks much different than any other season that I've lived in. This is true in both the big and the small. One of the ways that this season is different is how I'm being provided for. I feel like God started preparing me years ago for this time. I always had this feeling that I would end up in full-time ministry and that I would have to rely on a group of people to support me financially. While, I've known this for awhile, I never thought that the time would be now! And so for the past few months, I've been communicating with people about this change in my life and have been asking them if they'd like to invest in this season with giving financially. This process has been hard. It's been humbling. And I'm learning a lot about myself and a lot about the topic of money. It makes people feel uneasy and it reveals a deeper part of us. It shows us what we really value and what role money takes in our lives.
Through all of this, I've had to learn how to trust God in a deeper way. He's always been my provision. He's always been the one providing finances for me to live. And this has looked very differently throughout my life. Ultimately, he's the one who provides the jobs or the generous parents. He's the one who makes sure all of my needs are met. And he's the one asking me why I'm worrying about all of it. He's the one reminding me of what Jesus says at the end of Matthew 6 about how birds don't worry about food, shelter or clothing, because they know that God will provide everything that they need. So then he asks, why are we worried? Aren't we more valuable than birds? This is something that I want to constantly remember and right now, God's giving me an opportunity to really live this out.
With all of that said, I've been extremely blessed by a team of people who want to invest in the work that God is doing in North Judson. They want to walk alongside of me and provide finances for me to live. It's been an honor to see how God's put me on their hearts and asked them to join me. And while I know that everyone who is providing for me financially is not looking for recognition, I want to honor them by recognizing them.
So what this means is that once a month, I'm going to post a photo and some information about My Team (as I like to call them). I've asked for their permission to do so and have respected those who do not want to be publicly recognized. Please keep an eye out for these posts and please lift up My Team in prayer!
Comments