Firstly, this month has gone by so quickly it feels like it's barely existed. The building where we have Bible College is the largest venue in Oxford, so it hosted Salt & Light's European Leader's Conference in February. So it seemed like the weeks leading up to that were busy, full of assignments and preparing for the conference. The weekend of the conference was absolutely manic. I don't think I properly slept for 4 days. Then after the conference we had a week off college, which was much needed. And now I look at the calendar and the month is over. Wow.
College is going well. This past week we looked at the Wisdom Literature in the Bible. So we studied Proverbs, Job and Ecclesiastes. It was very interesting learning about those three books of the Bible, especially since they are three books that we're often not taught about. It was amazing to see how applicable they are to the 21st century, especially Ecclesiastes. This next week we're going to look at the Psalms and I'm really looking forward to that.
Thought I'd take the time to introduce, Sarah. She is one of my housemates and she is also from Indiana. We spend quite a bit of time together and she's probably one of my closest friends in Oxford. It's comforting to have her around. We only live 2-ish hours away from each other in Indiana, so we had similar growing up experiences and it's fun to be able to share that with someone in a foreign country! In this photo, we're on the underground in London. We spent the day there a couple weeks ago with her boyfriend, Kurt, who was visiting Oxford!
I don't really have a ton more to update about. I'm pretty much eating, sleeping, breathing Bible College. I don't have lots of free time or things going on that aren't related to the College. But I think for right now, that's good. This program wouldn't work if it wasn't intense and a bit of a bubble-type atmosphere. So I'm grateful for where I am, but also looking forward to the future and being able to having a bit more free time. We have two weeks off in April. It marks the end of our second term and it's also over Easter. My friend from home, Jennie, will be visiting England for a week during that time, and we're going to visit Ireland while she's here, which I'm excited about!
Even though there's a lot to look forward to and lots of things to think about in regards to the future- I am trying to just live presently. There is no point in getting worried about what happens once Bible College is finished or even what will happen in the next few weeks. I'm in a place where I want to experience life each day and not take any of it for granted.
Yet God has made everything beautiful for its own time. He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God's work from beginning to end. --Ecclesiastes 3,11 NLT
Comments