I will never forget being in the foothills of the Himalayan mountains. To this day, it is one of the most beautiful places I've seen with my own eyes. You wake up in the morning to fog and clouds surrounding you, but then the sun rises and the fog clears and you end up with a gorgeous view.
This seems like the perfect picture of the last couple of years for me. If life is like a mountain, as I climb I reach areas that are covered in fog and clouds. I know that I am still climbing, but the climb seems to slow down and it becomes less clear.
It's with much anticipation that I have welcomed 2015. Even though every day can be a new beginning, there is something significant about the start of a new year. And I am determined that this year is one that the sun rises and the fog clears. Already I can tell a difference. The fog is lifting. I catch glimpses of blue skies. My hope is increasing.
Comments