I find it interesting how my processing via writing goes through seasons. I've never really stopped writing in my personal journal, but I've definitely stopped writing on my blog. And I'm not sure why that is the case. I have plenty of ideas and stories that are worth sharing. I guess my blog is just not an outlet for me anymore...
On that note, I did want to write this morning... mostly cuz I have time and there is so much on my mind. I was listening to a teaching this morning and the verses Habakkuk 2:2-3 were mentioned:
Then the LORD said to me, "Write my answer plainly on tablets, so that a runner can carry the correct message to others. This vision is for a future time. It describes the end, and it will be fulfilled. If it seems slow in coming, wait patiently, for it will surely take place. It will not be delayed.
These two verses have been a part of the Bible that I have reflected on for literally the past 4 years. And while I don't want to take them out of context, especially here because God is directly responding to Habakkuk and his pleas, it's hard to not apply them to my life.
I believe we were all created with a purpose and a vision. And sometimes it takes years to really discover those passions in your heart and to be able to articulate them to others. So the waiting patiently part was always something that I held on to. I held on to the promise that God's timing is perfect. And that if something seems like it's being delayed; I need to keep an open mind and realize that maybe it's not the right time yet. That has been a hard lesson, but a good one. It's been good to relinquish control of my life and to allow God to lead me.
I also really like the imagery God gave in these verses. I'm sure this has been interpreted many ways and some interpretations are more Biblical than others. However, I like to look at it as God has given each of us a message/a vision and we're called to live our lives proclaiming that message and living out that vision. I've pondered on this for a long time. I've asked myself the questions, "What message is God giving me?" and "What is my life vision?"... and to be honest, those questions are still hard for me to give specific answers to. However, I'm happy to say that the more I walk with the Lord and the more I surrender my control and life to him, the more I realize about who God has made me to be.
My time in Africa was one spent in many different ways. I was in school. I was on a mission trip. I was in different countries. I was a student. I was a leader. I was a mentor. I was a friend. I met my fiancé. I realized a new depth about grace. And all the while, God was working deep in my heart. I feel like so much of our lives are spent trying to figure out who we are and what makes us come alive. And I can happily say, I discovered some of that on this last trip across the ocean. It's such a beautiful thing when questions you've been asking for so long have been answered. When words that you have heard for years turn into beliefs. And when you realize more about why you are on this earth.
I find myself very thankful this morning. I am thankful for my life and I am thankful for my faith. God has shown me the importance of having a heart of gratitude and I really try to live each day in that posture. While I may not have all the answers that I'd like or while I may want things to happen now that are meant to happen later; I can wake up each day, feeling grateful for my life. I know that my life has purpose. And I know that my creator is going to continue to reveal the depths of his heart to me. My hope for you today is that you will find that place of comfort knowing that God is in control and he's got your back. He will never leave you or forsake you.
So be strong and courageous! Do not be afraid and do not panic before them. For the LORD your God will personally go ahead of you. He will neither fail you nor abandon you. Deuteronomy 31:6
Comments