Skip to main content

from my job 8

Hi Guys

It's "we" books here - we made it safe and sound - with no problems !!!

I guess going ALL the way to New Zealand with bunch of other friends from Better Books meant we were able to talk amongst ourselves - we even managed to NOT eat the chocolate bar you so cleverly put in there for our journey - our new owner - "TERRY" - was over the moon about that - silly fellow thought it was for him - never mind I won't say anything to him about that !!!

Well we have land in a good place - "terry" was thrilled to see us when he opened the door this morning and there we were - he was delighted - all smiles and chuckles - he muttered something about how thrilled he was that we took such a short time to travel to New Zealand - despatched on the 19th November - here in Christchurch Saturday 4th December - wow - no wonder we occasionally had motion sickness.... :-#....

We have landed in a good place - remember how sad some of us were at leaving home - we've actually landed on our "bookshelves"... the new boy - Terry- took us upstairs - as we were gently taken out of our box we got to see other books - lots of other books actually - some in piles - some in shelves - we were "processed - I guess somethings never change - our arrival date listed with our titles - priced paid and where we came from - in a large red covered book.

We've had a quick chat to the other books - they say they are part of a a large family here - they say around 10,000 or so of us - when our time comes - we will be shelved either in the "garage" where the bulk of us live - or to a special cabin - oh I hope we make it there - however - one book let slip that Terry still has a book from his first birthday back in the mid fifties - it resides in the Garage - so I guess I will be in very good company - no more beer books for us !!! Yay !!

Thank you all very much for looking after me so well during my time at Better Books - and for sending me safely to New Zealand - can you believe it - it's summer here at the moment - going to be 21 deg cel today - I know things are a bit cool at our old home at the moment -

Time for us to get some well deserved shut eye - and thank goodness - no more movement for a while - we've all been gently flicked through - one of us was read for sometime too - wow !!!

All the best for a great Christmas and a safe and happy new year - oh - Terry says to add his name to Christmas wishes too... do you think he's ease dropping on our email ???

All the best

"we Books"

ps

rumour has it - there are another 3 or four parcels of our friends from Better Books still on their way - good time in the old town then I'm thinking - must have had something to do with that 15% sale we had - and Terry finding all those Bargin Books - poor fellow - Ha Ha - Really Poor !!!

Comments

Karisa said…
HAHAHA! What the heck?? A person who ordered books ACTUALLY took the time to write this as a thank you?!? HAHAHAHA!!! I would like to meet this crazy guy!

Popular posts from this blog

texts.

some of my fave texts that i have received while living in england: "there's a program on irish tv tonight called 'death or canada'. i wish i had the energy to stay up and watch it. i may have some tshirts made." "Worse." "Than." "Hitler." "That's bad news bears, my friend. I hope your magic shirts are keeping you warm." "Because we're celebrating Christmas time, leave your shoes out at half past nine. Leave them out until half past ten. Santa should have been by then. (i know what you're thinking, 'why is sarah in bible college when she is so gifted in the literary technique of rhyming?)" "You make me feel. You make me feel. You make me feel like a natural woman." "Should be fun on a bun!" "And stay off the circle line. It is an instrument of the devil." "I'd love a bottle of fruit loops right about now." "I've never seen a movie that...

We're all moved in!

Expectancy

We have the following Bible verses written on a chalkboard above our kitchen sink: Because of God's tender mercy, the morning light from heaven is about to break upon us, to give light to those who sit in darkness & in the shadow of death, & to guide us to the path of peace. Luke 1:78-78 NLT I chose to write out these verses for a few reasons. First of all, I like the picture it illustrates of God's mercy & how ultimately his mercy & light lead us to peace. Second, these verses speak of hope to me. They say that even in darkness & death there is hope! And last, it reminds me to live every day with expectancy. It says that heaven "is about" to break upon us; it's almost foreshadowing God's faithfulness. I've been thinking about this third point a lot lately. Expectancy. What does it mean? What does it look like? I think I've referenced it before, but I'm reading a book that's written specifically for people in a time of ...