Skip to main content

Ezekiel 37:1-10 (The Message)

Ezekiel 37

Breath of Life

1-2 God grabbed me. God's Spirit took me up and set me down in the middle of an open plain strewn with bones. He led me around and among them—a lot of bones! There were bones all over the plain—dry bones, bleached by the sun.

3 He said to me, "Son of man, can these bones live?"
I said, "Master God, only you know that."

4 He said to me, "Prophesy over these bones: 'Dry bones, listen to the Message of God!'"

5-6 God, the Master, told the dry bones, "Watch this: I'm bringing the breath of life to you and you'll come to life. I'll attach sinews to you, put meat on your bones, cover you with skin, and breathe life into you. You'll come alive and you'll realize that I am God!"

7-8 I prophesied just as I'd been commanded. As I prophesied, there was a sound and, oh, rustling! The bones moved and came together, bone to bone. I kept watching. Sinews formed, then muscles on the bones, then skin stretched over them. But they had no breath in them.

9 He said to me, "Prophesy to the breath. Prophesy, son of man. Tell the breath, 'God, the Master, says, Come from the four winds. Come, breath. Breathe on these slain bodies. Breathe life!'"

10 So I prophesied, just as he commanded me. The breath entered them and they came alive! They stood up on their feet, a huge army.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

texts.

some of my fave texts that i have received while living in england: "there's a program on irish tv tonight called 'death or canada'. i wish i had the energy to stay up and watch it. i may have some tshirts made." "Worse." "Than." "Hitler." "That's bad news bears, my friend. I hope your magic shirts are keeping you warm." "Because we're celebrating Christmas time, leave your shoes out at half past nine. Leave them out until half past ten. Santa should have been by then. (i know what you're thinking, 'why is sarah in bible college when she is so gifted in the literary technique of rhyming?)" "You make me feel. You make me feel. You make me feel like a natural woman." "Should be fun on a bun!" "And stay off the circle line. It is an instrument of the devil." "I'd love a bottle of fruit loops right about now." "I've never seen a movie that...

We're all moved in!

Expectancy

We have the following Bible verses written on a chalkboard above our kitchen sink: Because of God's tender mercy, the morning light from heaven is about to break upon us, to give light to those who sit in darkness & in the shadow of death, & to guide us to the path of peace. Luke 1:78-78 NLT I chose to write out these verses for a few reasons. First of all, I like the picture it illustrates of God's mercy & how ultimately his mercy & light lead us to peace. Second, these verses speak of hope to me. They say that even in darkness & death there is hope! And last, it reminds me to live every day with expectancy. It says that heaven "is about" to break upon us; it's almost foreshadowing God's faithfulness. I've been thinking about this third point a lot lately. Expectancy. What does it mean? What does it look like? I think I've referenced it before, but I'm reading a book that's written specifically for people in a time of ...