"It's music rage, which is like road rage, only more righteous. When you get road rage, a tiny part of you knows you're being a jerk, but when you get music rage, you're carrying out the will of God, and God wants those people dead."
--Nick Hornby A Long Way Down
**The context (sorta) of this quote: a group of four strangers were sitting around listening to music. The American puts in Nick Drake for them to listen to. (Nick Drake has some excellent music, by the way.) None of them liked it and the guy who made them listen to it had the above quote going on in his head. There was a little bit more, but I just chose this part, because it made me laugh out-loud and I can sort of relate to the rage he was feeling in the book.
**This was my first Nick Hornby book I've ever read... British authors are pret-ty funny!
Comments