a couple examples of writing that my 8 year olds are doing. it's quite phenomenal.
~~~~~~~~~~
Dear Andy,
One day I was reading a soccer player book. It reminded me of you. I thought, "When Andy becomes an adult, he will be the best soccer player." I think you will eat well and practice more than other people. You will have to read many books, because soccer players are clever. I think you are clever now, but you have to become more clever.
Be careful, because when you are hurt, you can't play soccer! I will cheer for you always! Remember this, Andy, if you are not the winner, do not give up and do not get sad. If you lose confidence remember my advice. I believe you are the best. Cheer up, Andy!
Yours Sincerely, Anika
~~~~~~~~~~
Dear Cindy,
Hi, Cindy! I haven't written to you for a long time. How are you doing? Are you still working to become a ballerina?
Whenever I see girls with ballet clothes, I think about you. Following your dream will be hard. However, I am very proud of you, because you know what you want to be already. I have many friends who don't know what their dreams are. Please be ambitious.
If you keep practicing and working hard, you will be successful one day. I think it is not important to become the best, but to enjoy whatever you're doing. I know that you love to dance and I'm pretty sure that you will become a famous ballerina.
It was very nice to write to you. Let's keep in touch! Good-bye!
From, Jessica
~the best part was jessica's idea that you don't need to be the best at something as long as you're enjoying what you're doing. doesnt seem like an 8-year-old thought...
~~~~~~~~~~
Dear Andy,
One day I was reading a soccer player book. It reminded me of you. I thought, "When Andy becomes an adult, he will be the best soccer player." I think you will eat well and practice more than other people. You will have to read many books, because soccer players are clever. I think you are clever now, but you have to become more clever.
Be careful, because when you are hurt, you can't play soccer! I will cheer for you always! Remember this, Andy, if you are not the winner, do not give up and do not get sad. If you lose confidence remember my advice. I believe you are the best. Cheer up, Andy!
Yours Sincerely, Anika
~~~~~~~~~~
Dear Cindy,
Hi, Cindy! I haven't written to you for a long time. How are you doing? Are you still working to become a ballerina?
Whenever I see girls with ballet clothes, I think about you. Following your dream will be hard. However, I am very proud of you, because you know what you want to be already. I have many friends who don't know what their dreams are. Please be ambitious.
If you keep practicing and working hard, you will be successful one day. I think it is not important to become the best, but to enjoy whatever you're doing. I know that you love to dance and I'm pretty sure that you will become a famous ballerina.
It was very nice to write to you. Let's keep in touch! Good-bye!
From, Jessica
~the best part was jessica's idea that you don't need to be the best at something as long as you're enjoying what you're doing. doesnt seem like an 8-year-old thought...
Comments